Wheels that turn...

My darling son who is all of 7-and-a-half, bought home from school a ‘bug’ the effects of which he got over in a day or two but which absolutely flattened me. It served to remind me that ms is a disease that affects your immune system and when the immune system is attacked your body goes berserk. 
In the space of a few hours I became unable to walk upright, or sleep or see straight. It took a good week before I reset back to ‘normal’ again.
I follow this guy Nick – http://www.masteringmountains.org/about-nick/ – with great interest. He is about as close to a hero as you could get for me, and really serves to illustrate what can be achieved with enough determination, hard work and self-belief. I now live in a two storey house, and before I moved here was quite daunted by the thought of having to go up and down stairs. It was hell initially, and I would plan my day around only going up and down stairs once a day. But after 3 months….wow…now it barely bothers me at all (unless its late and I’m tired) and this week I managed both up and down the stairs standing-up straight without having to ‘gorilla crawl’ the staircase….
tākiri, has discovered an impetus and energy that seems to have come out of nowhere. In the space of a week I have talked to someone interested in being part of tākiri ( and he’s disabled) plus several parastatal organisations have chatted to me about being more closely involved so all-in-all progress and movement…..
This morning I had my weekly Friday road-patrol duty at my sons school. This week of course I was completely alone as the senior kids who normally man the patrol were at a camp. So joyfully in the low morning sun, I stopped traffic perched on my golf-cart while mainly mums and their kids bustled across the road until my rear-left wheel made a ‘clunk’ sound. 
A flat. 
Bugger… what to do? I am now stranded a km from home and what now?? I finished the road-patrol duty and after deciding to, clunked off to the nearest garage about another km away and yes, they had EXACTLY the same inner tube as fitted my golf-cart and only the one as well at that so today fate was smiling on me….




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the ends of the Earth..

Thaw, the god of defrosting.....

All quiet, kind of.....